Apple or Android Watches

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TorMed

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do they do anything worthwhile in terms of adding value? I can see the point of having something on my wrist that keeps me on schedule but other than that do they do useful stuff? Anyone buy one and can't imagine how they lived without it?

Members don't see this ad.

My school bans them on test day.

Members don't see this ad :)
Unless you will literally be killed for checking your calendar on your phone, there's very little these watches do that your phone can't.
Plus, those things can't handle water.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

The only benefit from my understanding is that you can read texts in questionable environments - at work, in class, etc. Hospitals and schools are catching on though and banning usage here and there.

The best purpose it currently serves is by acting as a mechanism to screen email/ texts. You just take a quick glance at your wrist and preview the subject and first couple lines. If unimportant, which most are, you can go about your business.

It's works decently for distance/time if you're a runner as well.

athenaText ,HIPAA compliant text messaging app, has Apple Watch integration. I can see this potentially becoming useful for staff to send quick messages that are less invasive then looking at your phone. I don't know many people that use it though.

I doubt a single doctor uses the apple watch like they showed in their keynote yesterday