Application for Samuel Merritt OTD Fall 2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jmas21

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone!

I don’t see a forum for the application cycle for Fall 2022 so I figured to start one…

Has anyone submitted their app to Samuel Merritt and received an update? I submitted mine in September but haven’t even gotten a confirmation email stating that they received my app. This is my second year applying and I remember getting a confirmation email two days after I submitted through OTCAS.

Good luck y’all!
 
Hey everyone!

I don’t see a forum for the application cycle for Fall 2022 so I figured to start one…

Has anyone submitted their app to Samuel Merritt and received an update? I submitted mine in September but haven’t even gotten a confirmation email stating that they received my app. This is my second year applying and I remember getting a confirmation email two days after I submitted through OTCAS.

Good luck y’all!
Not the right spot for this post. Please post this in the public forums.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone!

I don’t see a forum for the application cycle for Fall 2022 so I figured to start one…

Has anyone submitted their app to Samuel Merritt and received an update? I submitted mine in September but haven’t even gotten a confirmation email stating that they received my app. This is my second year applying and I remember getting a confirmation email two days after I submitted through OTCAS.

Good luck y’all!
Hi! I'm a current OT student at SMU. I'm happy to answer any questions you may have. Did you every get any confirmation that they received your application?
 
I just heard back and they said my application was moved on to the next phase of the admissions process and that interview invites would be sent at the end of the month! Good Luck to everyone!
 
I just heard back and they said my application was moved on to the next phase of the admissions process and that interview invites would be sent at the end of the month! Good Luck to everyone!
Awesome! I also got the same email and am super excited. Is SMU your first choice?

Good luck everyone!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How was the interview process?? Congrats!
Hi! I interviewed on 12/4 and during the process you get a 10 minute slot with 1 or 2 faculty members. They ask you a few questions and if there’s remaining time you can ask them a question too. The rest of the time you watch a few videos about the school/program and you get to ask current students questions. I found it to be extremely informative, candid and welcoming!
 
Hi! I interviewed on 12/4 and during the process you get a 10 minute slot with 1 or 2 faculty members. They ask you a few questions and if there’s remaining time you can ask them a question too. The rest of the time you watch a few videos about the school/program and you get to ask current students questions. I found it to be extremely informative, candid and welcoming!
Hi! Thanks for sharing! Could you share what questions they asked during the interview?
 
Hi! Thanks for sharing! Could you share what questions they asked during the interview?
There were 2 or 3 situational questions I remember them saying everyone is asked the same 5 questions in the same order ask as many questions as you can to the current students
 
Has anyone heard back from the January interview? I interviewed in Dec and still haven’t heard anything ☹️ the wait is killing meeeee.
They said they would call and email reuslts by 01/16/2022 so a couple more days! Im surprised you don't have results yet
 
Same- still waiting!!😭
I just got an email and am waitlisted!! Im pretty far down the list though, #55 of 60 🥺. Hopefully the waitlist moves soon. I hope you got in! Check your email if they haven’t called.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
4th time applying, 3rd interview, and 2nd time getting waitlist. Last years waitlist didn’t move at all.. Good luck y’all 🤞
 
Last edited:
4th time applying, 3rd interview, and 2nd time getting waitlist. Last years waitlist didn’t move at all.. Good luck y’all 🤞
Impressed with your persistence!

I’m surprised and a little disheartened that nobody got in from the waitlist last year.
 
4th time applying, 3rd interview, and 2nd time getting waitlist. Waitlist last year didn’t move at all. Good luck y’all 🤞
Impressed with your persistence!

I’m surprised and a little disheartened that nobody got in from the waitlist last year.
yeah, me too. from what I asked, They did not expect everyone to accept. They were suprised and it never happened before. But what can you do 🤷‍♀️
 
4th time applying, 3rd interview, and 2nd time getting waitlist. Waitlist last year didn’t move at all. Good luck y’all 🤞

yeah, me too. from what I asked, They did not expect everyone to accept. They were suprised and it never happened before. But what can you do 🤷‍♀️
I followed up with Anne today and she said they’ve accepted 5 students from the wait list, so there’s some movement happening.

I hope you hear back soon if you haven’t already! Big kudos to you and your determination!
 
I followed up with Anne today and she said they’ve accepted 5 students from the wait list, so there’s some movement happening.

I hope you hear back soon if you haven’t already! Big kudos to you and your determination!
Just received an email from Anne saying I am #1 on the waitlist! Went from 26 to 1, did that many people say no? geez!
 
Just received an email from Anne saying I am #1 on the waitlist! Went from 26 to 1, did that many people say no? geez!
Nice!! Are you still considering SMU? I also got an email from Anne. I went from 55 to 29! I already accepted a seat at UOP though so I’ll be letting them know to take me off the list.