• The site has been updated!

If you see any bugs, please report them in this thread.

Application has been "tabled"?

PolarBear21

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 7, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
:eek:

I just got a letter from UH pharm school that says "my application has been tabled and is going to be reviewed again" What does this mean? Is this the wait list or is this a rejection letter?

Im real worried...

I think that is just a unique (and IMO odd... ) way of saying you are placed on HOLD and they will review your application at a later date and then give you a final decision whether you are placed on a waitlist, rejected or accepted.

It basically means you have to wait more.

About the Ads

PolarBear21

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 7, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
Better "tabled" than "toileted".

Haha.. yeah I could think of a thousand different ways to write a rejection letter.. thankfully adcoms are (generally) nice folks.

"Dear applicant, in order to save heating costs of our institution your application has been been transferred into the fireplace, rest assured this was done after thoughtful consideration and best of luck with your future goals"

PolarBear21

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 7, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
hey, it's alright... i got put on hold too today...

why do schools do that? what does it mean? why can't they just decide?

They like having options I guess.. and you are still an option (which is a good thing). A lot of the schools don't create waitlists until after all interviews are over and in the meantime they just place your app on HOLD status.

I'm currently on hold at three different schools, maybe my application is being used as a placemat for someone's breakfast on one of their tables.. and hopefully someone spills coffee on my phsyics grades so they can't see them, that would be ideal :thumbup: and some ketchup on my calculus II grades wouldn't hurt either :thumbup: :thumbup:

crystalpink

Bunny lover
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 19, 2006
California
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
maybe my application is being used as a placemat for someone's breakfast on one of their tables.. and hopefully someone spills coffee on my phsyics grades so they can't see them, that would be ideal :thumbup: and some ketchup on my calculus II grades wouldn't hurt either :thumbup: :thumbup:

ROFL :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
That's so funny, Polar. I've never thought like that before, but now I start to believe that those might happen to my application as well until the review date. LOL

fmbzp5

10+ Year Member
Jan 5, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
Haha.. yeah I could think of a thousand different ways to write a rejection letter.. thankfully adcoms are (generally) nice folks.

"Dear applicant, in order to save heating costs of our institution your application has been been transferred into the fireplace, rest assured this was done after thoughtful consideration and best of luck with your future goals"

That is funny. Reminds me of the cartoon the oblongs where the father, bob oblong, gives suggestions at work everyday and one day he finds out it is a furnace that he single handly heated the factory for years.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.