Application has been "tabled"?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmacydoc2007

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
:eek:

I just got a letter from UH pharm school that says "my application has been tabled and is going to be reviewed again" What does this mean? Is this the wait list or is this a rejection letter?

Im real worried...

Members don't see this ad.

:eek:

I just got a letter from UH pharm school that says "my application has been tabled and is going to be reviewed again" What does this mean? Is this the wait list or is this a rejection letter?

Im real worried...

I think that is just a unique (and IMO odd... ) way of saying you are placed on HOLD and they will review your application at a later date and then give you a final decision whether you are placed on a waitlist, rejected or accepted.

It basically means you have to wait more.

Members don't see this ad :)
Better "tabled" than "toileted".

Haha.. yeah I could think of a thousand different ways to write a rejection letter.. thankfully adcoms are (generally) nice folks.

"Dear applicant, in order to save heating costs of our institution your application has been been transferred into the fireplace, rest assured this was done after thoughtful consideration and best of luck with your future goals"

hey, it's alright... i got put on hold too today...

why do schools do that? what does it mean? why can't they just decide?

hey, it's alright... i got put on hold too today...

why do schools do that? what does it mean? why can't they just decide?

They like having options I guess.. and you are still an option (which is a good thing). A lot of the schools don't create waitlists until after all interviews are over and in the meantime they just place your app on HOLD status.

I'm currently on hold at three different schools, maybe my application is being used as a placemat for someone's breakfast on one of their tables.. and hopefully someone spills coffee on my phsyics grades so they can't see them, that would be ideal :thumbup: and some ketchup on my calculus II grades wouldn't hurt either :thumbup: :thumbup:

maybe my application is being used as a placemat for someone's breakfast on one of their tables.. and hopefully someone spills coffee on my phsyics grades so they can't see them, that would be ideal :thumbup: and some ketchup on my calculus II grades wouldn't hurt either :thumbup: :thumbup:

ROFL :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
That's so funny, Polar. I've never thought like that before, but now I start to believe that those might happen to my application as well until the review date. LOL

Haha.. yeah I could think of a thousand different ways to write a rejection letter.. thankfully adcoms are (generally) nice folks.

"Dear applicant, in order to save heating costs of our institution your application has been been transferred into the fireplace, rest assured this was done after thoughtful consideration and best of luck with your future goals"

That is funny. Reminds me of the cartoon the oblongs where the father, bob oblong, gives suggestions at work everyday and one day he finds out it is a furnace that he single handly heated the factory for years.