Application Help Please

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JDAD

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately I will be taking the August MCAT. I understand the importance of submitting my application early, and I am just wondering how to go about this. I will be applying to both aamc school and TMDSAS schools.

Here is my plan. Please let me know if i am correct.

First, I will fill out and submit the application, transcripts, and letters of recommendation. This will be done before July 1st.

I will write the MCAT August 14th

During the summer I will fill out secondaries and I will have them submitted prior to September 20th.

When my MCAT score is sumbitted I should have everything complete.

If this is correct please let me know.

Thanks,
Jarrod

Members don't see this ad.

good plan that you have

Though I would modify it slightly.

1. start / continue working on your personal statement as this can delay your process if you haven't finished it.

2. print out the transcript request forms and submit them to the school(s) and continue working on the rest of your application

3. submit ASAP after that (after that, its just waiting for processing and until the schools receive it)

4. Also, get some of those passport style pictures taken (some applications ask for them)

5. Within 2days of receiving your secondary, send them back out. (they'll just come at different times so instead of waiting, just get them out before you get bogged down with them). On some applications, make sure to let them know to count ur august score (or wait for it before reviewing) if you arent satisfied with ur June one.

6. take your test in august and then just keep working on the secondaries as they come

7. This might be premature but just make sure you have the proper clothes for your interview if you dont have anything - white shirt, suit, dress shoes, etc etc

8. Keep up to date with current issues in healthcare for upcoming interviews

9. HAVE FUN. sure it can be stressful going through the process but dont forget to have a life too

Thanks for the help. As a side note, I already bought a suit!

Members don't see this ad :)
good stuff.... suit is good

for myself, a week before my interview i realized i dont own any good new suits (last time i bought one was 4yrs ago - i hardly go anywhere that requires it)

then the night before, i realized i dont even have a white dress shirt. I have about 10-12 different dress shirts but NO white shirts. So i had to run around and finally my dad had one that i took. quite stressful i tell ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.