Application help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

emc7171

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm currently taking 10 hours of independent study coursework that I will have a grade for in 6-7 weeks. For my situation, I think that these courses and grades might have a somewhat important effect on my admission chances. That said, when should I complete the AMCAS so that when schools review my numbers they'll have these grades? I'm just afraid of applying too early and increasing my chance of having schools pass on me before I get these grades in.

Members don't see this ad.

You should have applied already. Waiting until October to apply just so schools will have the grades for a course is not smart.

I'm currently taking 10 hours of independent study coursework that I will have a grade for in 6-7 weeks. For my situation, I think that these courses and grades might have a somewhat important effect on my admission chances. That said, when should I complete the AMCAS so that when schools review my numbers they'll have these grades? I'm just afraid of applying too early and increasing my chance of having schools pass on me before I get these grades in.

Any "important effect" on your admission chances by having these grades will be negated by the fact that you'll be applying extremely late. By October, many people will have had interviews, and a number of people will already be receiving acceptances.