EJL08

Feb 7, 2011
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Podiatry
I stupidly waited a little too long to sign up for classes this fall and wasn't able to get into physics I. I was hoping I'd still be able to take physics I next spring and physics II in the summer of 2013 while studying for the MCAT and take it in august/september. Would that give me enough time to get my app's in and possibly grab some interviews for that cycle or should I not try to cram studying/physics into the same summer and wait until the next cycle to apply? Ill be a junior so not applying next summer would give me a gap year which I am really trying to avoid. I have looked around the forums but I'm still a little unclear as to when most schools fill up their seats for the fall. Any advice is appreciated!

Shinobiz11

7+ Year Member
Oct 25, 2009
Tennessee
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
According to what I've seen on these boards, people are still applying at this very moment and hoping for interviews, so I think you should be fine. I have to ask. why can't you take physics in winter though?

EJL08

Feb 7, 2011
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Podiatry
As in take physics II next winter and then apply? I suppose I could if what you're saying is true regarding people applying in april of the same year before they hope to matriculate in the fall. If you meant that I could take the MCAT's with only one semester of physics under my belt then I may have to look into the content of the MCAT more carefully but it seems there are a fair amount of topics from second semester physics involved. Maybe I'm wrong?

About the Ads

MaxillofacialMN

Osteopathic Foot Dentist
10+ Year Member
Dec 2, 2009
The Grand Ballroom
Status (Visible)
  1. Podiatry Student
As in take physics II next winter and then apply? I suppose I could if what you're saying is true regarding people applying in april of the same year before they hope to matriculate in the fall. If you meant that I could take the MCAT's with only one semester of physics under my belt then I may have to look into the content of the MCAT more carefully but it seems there are a fair amount of topics from second semester physics involved. Maybe I'm wrong?

You don't need a high MCAT to get into pod school, one semester of physics is fine to take the MCAT as long as you study from kaplan, examkrackers, etc...

unitix

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 17, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Podiatry
You don't need a high MCAT to get into pod school, one semester of physics is fine to take the MCAT as long as you study from kaplan, examkrackers, etc...

^you could only get away with this if you're savvy in the sciences overall. If you're someone who needs to put in that extra effort for science courses, then you should take both semesters.

Shinobiz11

7+ Year Member
Oct 25, 2009
Tennessee
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student

i meant take physics I in the winter

EJL08

Feb 7, 2011
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Podiatry
Its full for this fall but theres always a chance a spot will open up before the semester starts I suppose. And I consider myself pretty good at science courses in general but I havent taken a physics class in a few years and it could be a problem. Not saying I could't get an acceptable MCAT score with only one semester but it seems like a safe bet to take both just in case. Thanks for the responses though, this forum never disappoints.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.