Application-Personal Statement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

smspremed

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am applying to both Allopathic and Osteopathic Medical Schools. I am in the process of filling out both applications. On the Allopathic one there is a lot of room to write the Personal Statement. On the Osteopathic one there is only a little area to write it, and it says that this space should be used to put down anything that wasn't already added in the application. So is this where I put my personal statement, or is there another place. Thanks for the Help!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Thats where I put my personal statement. I basically had to trim down half my AMCAS essay to make it fit.

I was recently helping a friend of mine with his AACOMAS application and I determined that AACOMAS must have shortened the "space provided" pretty significantly. To experiment, I tried to paste my old essay from last year into the box and it wouldn't accept it. So I guess you have to try getting by with the limited space.

Good Luck!

G.

[This message has been edited by Gregory Gulick (edited June 17, 1999).]

Members don't see this ad :)
sms,

I'd take your main points you'd want to include from the AMCAS applications and put them into the smaller space on the ACOMAS. You'll have to do some trimming (as miglo said) But why osteopathic? That might be an important distinguishing point.

Scott

Come to think of it, what I actually did was EXTEND my AACOMAS essay (yanked out all references to osteopathic med though) for the AMCAS since I had my AACOMAS app in first. But yeah, list why you want to go osteopathic.

Good luck!

Miglo

I was a little annoyed by the short space, but you will probably have an opportunity to write more on the secondary application.
I just wrote the main info I wanted to get accross. I believe the allopathic schools don't even read your essay if you don't make a certain cut-off point for them.