Application process

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

uvache

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am planning on taking the July MCAT.

How should I go about applying to MD schools? I want to apply this cycle.

Do I finish the AMCAS application and don't send mcat til im done, or send them all together when i get my scores in aug? Who should I talk to about this? Any help appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Submit AMCAS as early as possible (you can start submitting on June 2nd). You should submit it with only one school listed just so it can get verified, then when you get your MCAT score you can decide where you want to apply and add those schools.

What materials are needed for this verification? From what I understand, the verification is just for transcript.

Will I need to submit essays and other things when I do what you have suggested- which is essentially just apply to one school?

Members don't see this ad :)
The AMCAS application is open, so view it for details on what will need to be completed before you submit the primary application.

Scores from all the MCATs ever taken by an applicant automatically appear under the appropriate application section.

What materials are needed for this verification? From what I understand, the verification is just for transcript.

Will I need to submit essays and other things when I do what you have suggested- which is essentially just apply to one school?

You can submit as soon as you can on June 2 and schools will get the MCAT score once it's ready. You won't be "complete" at any schools until then.