Application Process

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PistonFan531

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Next year I will be applying to a bunch of Pharmacy Schools and I am already getting shivers about the dreadful and complicated application process. I was wondering: are there any professionals from a certain company, like say Kaplan, that actually help students out when applying? I really do not want to mess up and have to wait another year to start Pharmacy School.

Members don't see this ad.

Next year I will be applying to a bunch of Pharmacy Schools and I am already getting shivers about the dreadful and complicated application process. I was wondering: are there any professionals from a certain company, like say Kaplan, that actually help students out when applying? I really do not want to mess up and have to wait another year to start Pharmacy School.

I don't think Kaplan helps you out with your applications. However, this forum is a great asset especially to look up information about schools and the general application process.

Members don't see this ad :)
Kaplan *does* have an admissions counsellor for medical school. They help you apply, tell you where you are competitive, and help you with interview prep. I have a friend who signed up for this service. It was very expensive, but ultimately he felt he was completely worth it and he recommends this service to others.

I'm sure a similar service exists for Pharmacy schools, if you call Kaplan.

But better than this, if you are proactive and not a dumb-@*& procrastinator like me, you will be fine. Just start early, especially with things like references and transcripts. The biggest key is to not leave things to the last minute and the application process is doable.

Also, sometime I find myself hesitant to apply to something because apps are so bloody expensive, but you kind of have to overcome that hesitancy and just go through with it.

The experience sucks, but ultimately it sucks even more if you let it wait because according to Murphy's Law, you will inevitably be forced to go through with the application process when you are busisest with other things.

Moral of the story, plan early and be proactive.

1) Work closely with a pharmacy advisor at your school, for free.
2) Don't be afraid to call admissions advisors at your prospective schools, they were always very helpful to me and answered any questions I had.

A service offered bad Kaplan is most likely not worth it. To the poster saying their friend used it and really found it useful, c'mon. Any student who gets accepted is going to say "it was awesome," and any student who gets rejected will say "that s*** sucked and was a waste of money." There are plenty of resources around that you can utilize to avoid having to shell out extra cash during this process.

2) Don't be afraid to call admissions advisors at your prospective schools, they were always very helpful to me and answered any questions I had.

A service offered bad Kaplan is most likely not worth it. To the poster saying their friend used it and really found it useful, c'mon. Any student who gets accepted is going to say "it was awesome," and any student who gets rejected will say "that s*** sucked and was a waste of money." There are plenty of resources around that you can utilize to avoid having to shell out extra cash during this process.

I agree..all the information necessary to apply (and more) you can find in these forums! I don't think it would be worth it to purchase the Kaplan assistance.

Overall, I think SDN and workshops in the pre-pharmacy club on campus have helped me a lot in terms of the application process. :thumbup: Just make sure you understand the process and research some schools ahead of time before it's time for you to apply. Most of the information that you need to know regarding the schools' admission requirements and on how to apply are on the PharmCAS website.

i didn't endorse the service. if you read what i wrote, i actually said it was better to do everything on your own

but the poster was asking if such a service exists, so i told him yes, to my knowledge it does exist through kaplan