application process

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mckensel

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, So i am graduating in may with a dual degree in biology and in Kenisology. I plan on taking the mcat in april. My main questions are as follows

1) can i go ahead and send in my application even tho i havent taken the mcat and i am currently still in physics 2?

2) can i still apply for the fall entry for 2013?

3)My current Mcat test scores are averaging 24-26 competitive with a 3.1 overall and a 3.0 science?

4) i am doing my internship through a podiatrist so ill have 150 hours do you think that is enough?

5)I had a DWI a year ago and done countless hours of unnecessary community service hours to hopefully show that my mistake was just that a mistake in which will never happen again(i have given up alcohol)

6)would you recommend letters of rec from just doctors? or one from a DPM and one from my medical advisory board at my school?

Again i want to say thank you for responses i know several of them are easily answered im sure through the main podiatry website, but i am a very cautious person and i always check twice when it comes to these type of things so i thought i would ask again, please dont get over upset with the stupid questions. Thanks!!!

Mac

Members don't see this ad.

I am a *kinesiology major too

1. Yes, but schools may not take action until MCAT scores are in. I have heard of some schools giving interviews without the score, but will wait for MCAT score for decision.

2. Yes, it ends in Juneish. However, when will you be taking the MCAT? Don't try to rush it to get into this cycle. Take your time and if anything apply early next cycle for fall 2014. Higher chance of getting in.

3. Those test scores are a little above the average for pod schools. Again, when will you take the MCAT? A higher score will offset the lower gpa (from what I have read).

4. Yes, make sure you get a letter from she/he!

5. Not sure about that one. I see things like this pop up on the allo forums a lot, search it.

6. Each school has their own requirements for LORs and will be listed on their site. Pod letter is a must! Pretty sure Temple is either an advisory committee letter or two science profs with the pod letter.

My bad didn't realize you said in April (on phone). I would personally wait till next cycle to apply. You would really need to kill the mcat because its very late in the cycle.

Members don't see this ad :)
1. Yes. You'll still be able to receive interview offers, but schools will require your MCAT score before they can formally accept you.

2. Yes. Deadline is June 30. Definitely recommend applying before March though.

3. Should be fine.

4. More than enough.

5. You'll most likely be asked about this during interviews. Just make sure you practice how you're going to answer the question.

6. Schools require 2 recs from professors and 1 rec from a pod = 3 required letters. Temple is the only school that requires an additional letter from some sort of healthcare provider.

i thought on the website it said priority registration ended in april? and the actual deadline is june? Is me applying now not early enough you think? i honestly dont mind taking a year off but of course i would much rather apply and see what happens i suppose.

Thanks again to everyone for the feedback!