1. What do you find most helpful? Give us your feedback on the 2019 SDN Member Survey to help further the SDN mission (and win prizes!)
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

application put "on hold"

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by agummysituation, Feb 26, 2007.

1. agummysituation

Pre-Dental
    Hey guys,

I recently had a dental interview a few weeks ago and today I received a letter stating that my application has been put "on hold" and will be given further consideration at a later date in the application cycle.
    My question is, how long do they usually take before they give you their final decision? Is this a bad sign considering this has happened post-interview:( ? Or do I still have a chance of getting an acceptance?...I fear all the seats will fill up by the time they even re-consider me :(.

2. Dauber

Dauber Big Baby Jesus
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I don't think anyone can tell you something you don't already know. You're on a waitlist. It's a worse sign than being accepted and a better sign than being rejected. I'd stay positive about that chance of getting that seat and just wait. It sucks but what can you do? Good luck!:luck: