Application Q about 4th yr. classes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OnMyWayThere

OMS-III
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
If I'm unsure about the classes I'm going to take my 4th year, what do I put? I am really unsure of a lot of them Psych electives I am going to take ( I may do research for some units, .. etc.)

Do I just write what's probable and change it if I want? Maybe a part of my acceptance will be based on those planned courses ( I doubt that). I hope someone has an answer.

Thanks in advance...

Members don't see this ad.

just write what you think is probable and then you can just update those with transcripts and stuff like that.

i highly doubt them looking at what classes you will take will have any bearing on you getting an acceptance. esp if you have already taken the core reqs in addition to some other key classes.

I've only taken the core reqs. I plan on taking Intro BioChem too and maybe Physio or Anatomy. Since some schools really recommend biochem, you think they would make a decision based on that? I'm just wondering because things might change along the way so I don't wanna mention something like that if I'm unsure. Thanks for your help.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by OnMyWayThere
I've only taken the core reqs. I plan on taking Intro BioChem too and maybe Physio or Anatomy. Since some schools really recommend biochem, you think they would make a decision based on that? I'm just wondering because things might change along the way so I don't wanna mention something like that if I'm unsure. Thanks for your help.

unless its changed in the past yr, the AMCAS doesnt ask you what classes you will take, just classes you have or are in progress of taking. by the time you get your secondaries in the summer of/during 4th yr, your class plan should be closer to finalized anyway. moreover, you can bring a transcript with you to interviews to keep your app up to date.

i would think that the closer it is to a core req-type class, the more it plays into your application. something like biochem, if you put that as a 4th yr class, you should probably stick to it. something like astrophysics ... that you dont have to justify as much, and can switch it with a dinosaur class. like i did. nobody has ever asked me for a justification of what classes i took till i declared intent to attend. so dont worry about it considerably.

Yea do u think that schools make decisions based on the classes they recommend that u should take? Like if a school recommends that u take biochem or cell bio and u don't, will that hurt ur chances, or if u do will that help ur chances?