1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Application Question

Discussion in 'Physical Therapy' started by tazzeroni, Dec 17, 2008.

1. tazzeroni

2+ Year Member

Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
    Hey guys,

I'm finishing up my applications, and I'm having trouble with an essay question. The question states,

"A physical therapist works for a large regional medical center providing physical therapy services to a wide variety of patient types. One of the PT's patients is receiving treatment for a diabetic foot wound. The patient and their family's financial resources including insurance coverage are exhausted; they cannot pay for more bandages and dressing to cover the wound. The PT takes a box each of bandages and dressing from the store room to give to the patient. The PT does not bill the patient for these supplies. If you were the PT in this situation, what should you have done?"

In my experience volunteering, I've seen the therapists do pro-bono work, so my first reaction was that this isn't a big deal. But I think that the grad school is looking for something else in response.

Any input you guys have would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. fallbackplan

2+ Year Member

Rehab Sci Student
    Think about the ethical and legal ramifications and differentiate between the two.

They are not looking for anything in particular other than your ability to think through the problem critically and justify your opinion.