Application/Retake Questions!?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dent56171

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am graduating with a 3.47 GPA as it went down from a 3.5 because of a bad grade in an upper level science class last semester of senior year. That was the worst I have done in any class and am planning on retaking it. However, I would not get the transcript for that specific retake until late August and I am planning on applying to dental schools by late June and retake my DAT also in mid July. Would it be wise to retake this upper level science course as it is not a requirement? I just do not want this to look bad on my application as it is the lowest grade I have received in all of undergrad. Also what are my chances of admission saying I apply to many many schools? I am very nervous and do not want to spend another year in this process as I am already a senior.

Also, as far as extracurriculars I am a part of many (3) clubs around campus, volunteered at a hospital and long term rehabilitation facility, have a CNA license, shadowed 2 different dentists for 120+ hours total, and have done research in undergrad for 1 year. Please let me know what you think and chances.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I am graduating with a 3.47 GPA as it went down from a 3.5 because of a bad grade in an upper level science class last semester of senior year. That was the worst I have done in any class and am planning on retaking it. However, I would not get the transcript for that specific retake until late August and I am planning on applying to dental schools by late June and retake my DAT also in mid July. Would it be wise to retake this upper level science course as it is not a requirement? I just do not want this to look bad on my application as it is the lowest grade I have received in all of undergrad. Also what are my chances of admission saying I apply to many many schools? I am very nervous and do not want to spend another year in this process as I am already a senior.

Also, as far as extracurriculars I am a part of many (3) clubs around campus, volunteered at a hospital and long term rehabilitation facility, have a CNA license, shadowed 2 different dentists for 120+ hours total, and have done research in undergrad for 1 year. Please let me know what you think and chances.

I would rather focus on studying hard for your DAT rather than retake that one class because that one class is not really going to that much of a difference unless you got a C/C- or lower. If you do good on your DAT, you will be fine with a 3.47 GPA. Also, schools will not judge you based on how many schools you apply to.

Reactions: 1 user
I would rather focus on studying hard for your DAT rather than retake that one class because that one class is not really going to that much of a difference unless you got a C/C- or lower. If you do good on your DAT, you will be fine with a 3.47 GPA. Also, schools will not judge you based on how many schools you apply to.
Thank you!