Application School Selection

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

predentgal111

Reaction score
Hey there, I'm applying to dental schools this cycle. I submitted the primary to 12 schools so far. When my app got verified my GPA actually went up slightly, so now I feel like I'm in a better place. I was going to add NYU, Boston U and U Pitt to my list I was just writing their extra primary essays in the mean time. However, with a GPA and DAT I'm happy with I'm not sure if I want to make it 15. If I apply to 15 schools, is it looked down upon?

Members don't see this ad.

No but it'd be easier to help you out if you use the WAMC template. I applied to 17. The number of schools you apply to is up to you. Personally, I've already been out of school a year and just want to get into one asap and therefore applied broadly even though my scores were fairly good.

Reactions: 1 users
I planned on 15, ended up dropping 3, 12 ended up being overkill but that’s in hindsight, really depends on what your application looks like

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not sure how any school would know how many you applied to unless you explicitly told them? And most don't ask. Apply to as many as you feel is right. If it's your priority to just get into dental school no matter what, I see nothing wrong with applying to as many of the schools you'd actually see yourself going to! My stats are fine but I applied to many more schools anyways.

I'm not sure how any school would know how many you applied to unless you explicitly told them? And most don't ask. Apply to as many as you feel is right. If it's your priority to just get into dental school no matter what, I see nothing wrong with applying to as many of the schools you'd actually see yourself going to! My stats are fine but I applied to many more schools anyways.
True, I agree. Nova and UNLV asked on their supplemental