SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Application Submitted...What To Do Now??

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by MDP, Jul 24, 2001.

1. MDP

MDP Member 7+ Year Member

Jul 2, 2001
    Hamilton, ON
    So, now that I've sent in my AADSAS application (about 2wks ago) and begin playing this "waiting game" everyone talks about...what do I do in the meantime? I mean, I know secondaries will arrive and hopefully interview invites will be made some point down the road but I feel like I should be DOING something in regards to my application in the meantime. Am I missing something or am I just worrying too much?!

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. GoatBoy

GoatBoy Manboob Extraordinaire 10+ Year Member

Mar 7, 2001
    Just sit back and relax (till your secondaries come in -- but dont worry most of them are just to tell you to send in your money)
  4. Dr. Pedo

Dr. Pedo Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Jan 14, 2001
    Keep your eyes and ears open!!! Be sure you are taking a proactive disposition and not a reactive one. Several friends and I had major problems with our applications. You should be receiving a copy of your app. soon. Look it over immediately to check for errors. A 3.51 gpa changed to a 3.15 by accident is a huge error. (this is what happened to my best friend).

It is a time to relax, but also realize you're not completely finished with your app. process. I wish you the best of luck and hopefully you won't have to endure any misfortunes.

5. RacerDude2249

RacerDude2249 Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Jun 19, 2001
    New York

What do you do now? This is PARTY TIME my friend. You've taken that hell-hole of a test they call the DAT, you've submitted your primary application, now it's time PARTY. Crack open that beer let loose. Go out to the club, dance, go to the beach, get nice tan, go vacation in Hawaii for two weeks, etc. etc. etc... :D

6. MDP

MDP Member 7+ Year Member

Jul 2, 2001
    Hamilton, ON
    Hey RacerDude, I like the party suggestion!! Now if I could only afford to go to Hawaii and try out some of that darn hula dancing!

Actually, I'm heading down to Florida in a couple of weeks like so many of my Canadian peers do each year. It kinda worries me b/c I would imagine secondaries will start to arrive in the mail as I'll be leaving but ain't perfect! I'm only gone a week so I shouldn't fall too far behind filling out those damn secondaries. One thing I will take the time to bitch about is $$$. I went to the bank today to buy some US dollars and man was it expensive. It cost me $1.55 Canadian to but an American buck! So I don't wanna hear any of my friends south of the Canadian border complain about how much tuition is etc...b/c it could be could be paying in worthless Canadian dollars!!

Okay, enough venting for me...ciao for now guys.