Application Timing Dilemma

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Destiny11

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here is my dilemma...

I am applying for the 2012 cycle to 15 schools. Currently my BCP GPA do not meet the minimum requirement at 2 of the schools (one being my state school). However I am taking science classes over the summer (ends at the end of July), and I am confident I will meet the requirement then. I am also taking more classes in the fall.

Should I apply now or should I wait until my summer grades are out?

Members don't see this ad.

Here is my dilemma...

I am applying for the 2012 cycle to 15 schools. Currently my BCP GPA do not meet the minimum requirement at 2 of the schools (one being my state school). However I am taking science classes over the summer (ends at the end of July), and I am confident I will meet the requirement then. I am also taking more classes in the fall.

Should I apply now or should I wait until my summer grades are out?

Any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad :)
Cum: 3.2
Sci: 3.1
BCP: <3.0

DAT: 20

apply soon n do an academic update ...i think u get that end of dec...correct me if im wrong...but submitting at the end of july just delays ur application a lot... goodluck with this cycle to u and me =)

apply soon n do an academic update ...i think u get that end of dec...correct me if im wrong...but submitting at the end of july just delays ur application a lot... goodluck with this cycle to u and me =)

I won't be able to apply to my state school until after December then...

I think I am going to wait until August after summer school...I wish AADSAS has more than 1 academic update.

Cum: 3.2
Sci: 3.1
BCP: <3.0

DAT: 20

Congrats on getting the 20 on your DAT...what were the breakdown on each section?

I would personally apply more broadly with your stats (especially with your low BCP). As it stands, 15 schools may not be enough and you may end up slipping through the cracks again.

I would advise you to still apply now. One of the most important things that I have been told over and over, is to apply early as possible. You will be able to update your courses later. Keep in mind, the process takes a very long time to verify grades. In sum, apply asap and maybe consider modifying your list of schools to better suite your low gpa vs good dat.

APPLY NOW!!! If you wait until august, schools will not receive your app until Sept. This is LATE for your GPA! I applied late last year and only got post-december interviews which is not good for low GPAs (mine is 3.4 cum and 3.3 sci, DAT 19-24). If you want a shot for next year APPLY EARLY! Good luck!

Apply now! Call your state school and explain the situation- then send them a copy of your summer grades as soon as you have them.