application to Taiwan medical school

ewon2004

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2004
I have several friends who studied in Canada for high school and ugrad and are now in TW med schools

There are 3 ways to get in:

(1) Take the national exams with all the high school students, which is next to impossible if you did not do high school in TW.

or ...

Apply as a foreign resident.

The key is your foreigner status. I am not sure about the official name for it. Basically you have to have foreign resident status, and that means living in a foreign country ie US for the past 8 years without living in Taiwan for more than 4 months in any of the 8 years.

If you have foreign status then you can:

(2) Apply straight to medical schools through TW govt agencies in your country (ie Taipei Cultural Office or TW Embassy) with your high school grades. I believe that you have averages of 90% or higher then you should have no problem getting in.

If you don't have the grade in high school there is another option

(3) Go to a special transition school in TW for one year, and use the grade during the year to apply. I don't have much info. on this, though a friend got into med school through this route.

Good luck!

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.