Application Tracking Table

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Snowboarder

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I made a nerdy table in Excel to keep track of my application progress and a friend suggestd that I post it here. If nothing else, it's something to kill to the idleness for those of you anxiously waiting to hear back from schools, and for those of you who are just beginning the application process, it might be a helpful tool. I would have attached the excel file, but SDN wouldn't let me.

Did anyone else make something like this? If you did, you should post it too.

Cheers,
'Boarder

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• App Table.pdf
    194.3 KB · Views: 368
NERDERY!!! here's mine :)... um, i'm not quite enough of a nerd to get it out of excel into something else...

Wow, this is a great table Snowboarder. You're very organized. I also made a table but it's handwritten on lined paper and isn't as detailed. I had one extra column for whether the secondary application was submitted electronically or by snail mail.

Members don't see this ad :)
i think i did it... it is actually far more extensive, but i had to cut it f***ing 4 times to fit the 100 kb...

Attachments

• wordMD.doc
    98 KB · Views: 202
I made a nerdy table in Excel to keep track of my application progress and a friend suggestd that I post it here. If nothing else, it's something to kill to the idleness for those of you anxiously waiting to hear back from schools, and for those of you who are just beginning the application process, it might be a helpful tool. I would have attached the excel file, but SDN wouldn't let me.

Did anyone else make something like this? If you did, you should post it too.

Cheers,
'Boarder

Yeah, I'm not the only nerd! I felt like I HAD to make some type of spreadsheet. (I applied to many many schools) Yours looks prettier than mine though. and you don't delete a row after a reject like I do :rolleyes: I don't like to look at the blows to my ego longer than necessary.

canone of you compile all the files and all the schools and make a master spread sheet?

it will be forever useful and you will become immortal on sdn

canone of you compile all the files and all the schools and make a master spread sheet?

it will be forever useful and you will become immortal on sdn

I'm not sure what you mean. Can you be more specific?

EDIT: Nevermind, I see what you mean. However, it seems as though all the spreadsheets have slightly different purpoposes. Mine was to track my application process, Maydak's mostly included stats and figures on the different school's he/she applied to and another had a little bit of both. I think it's best to put the spreadsheets together on your own, it forces you to be more involved in the school selection process and makes you think about how each school makes their decision and what things you want to think about when you make yours.

:laugh: And my boyfriend thought I was a freak for making an Excel spreadsheet.

On the first page is a little of both the stats of each school and my application progress. The second page is where I've kept track of all my expenses so far ($3300 and counting!), and the third page is where I've transcribed all of my interview notes about stuff like curriculum, housing, atmosphere, financial aid, etc. It's a nice way to compare schools.

I figure if I'm really stuck about making a decision in May, I can write a formula after assigning numerical values to things like location, financial aid, student satisfaction, and ohh... NIH funding, percentage of graduates that go into primary care, residency director evaluations, peer evaluations, faculty-to-student ratio... and pick the one that comes out on top. ;)

Here is an excel sheet my school has, its pretty rad.

Attachments

• MedSchoolStatusSheet.zip
    17.5 KB · Views: 126
Wow, everyone here is super organized. I had initially planned on doing something like this, but then I decided to just use MDapps to track my applications.

I don't think I'd like to keep track of expenses though. That's too scary to look at.