Application update question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

QuantumHerbs

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If a paper is accepted, should we send in an update right away or wait until the paper is published? For the latter, should I include link, DOI, etc. in the update?
 
An update when it is published is preferred. If your school(s) allow for multiple updates, I see nothing wrong with letting them know that it's been accepted (especially if it's in a high impact journal).
 
I would send the update as soon as possible. Interviews are given out on a rolling basis, so the later the update is sent, the less likely that it can make a difference.
 
Accepted is a major checkpoint. Send update. In the process of: In Preparation > Submitted > In Revision > Accepted > Published, the most significant transition, by far, is moving to formally accepted.