Applications

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RKK

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi.

I have a couple of questions regarding my med school apps. First of all, I applied last yr but only sent in the AMCAS app and I didn't bother to send back any secondaries (due to disappointing mcat scores). So my question is can I still use the same basic personal statement (i.e. same experiences, etc.) or should I change it altogether?

My second question is this: when asked if I have applied to their med school before, should I say yes because I filled out the primary app, or no because I didn't do the secondaries??

Thanks for your help
smile.gif

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

You can use the same primary application, I doubt that the statements were read closely before sending you the secondaries. Most schools send secondaries to everyone and those that don't usually judge based on numerical scores. However, just reading and proofreading again will probably cause you to change some of it. Also, include any activities or changes that have happened since then.

About the question concerning prior applications, i would think you have not applied before. You never completed the full process for those schools and therefore never gave the school a chance to make a decision on you. The most important component to the schools was never included--the application fees-- and therefore you never applied. This is my opinion of course. Best of luck.