Applied this cycle - do I need to inform my schools about going part-time?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sonagi

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I was hoping someone could give me some information about my situation. I applied this cycle and I just recently decided that I'm going to be a part-time student next semester (because I only have 2 classes left to graduate; I'll still be graduating on time). On my VMCAS, I put a full-time's worth of classes I was planning on taking next semester. Do I need to contact my schools about this change? Does it negatively impact my candidacy at all?

Any help would be super appreciated! Thanks :>

Members don't see this ad.

Should not negatively impact your candidacy whatsoever, as long as you got all your prereqs done!

Thank you for your response! Do you know if I need to inform my schools that I applied to about this?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for your response! Do you know if I need to inform my schools that I applied to about this?
If I recall, there has been precedent in the past that some acceptances are contingent on completing all courses entered as in progress from VMCAS. I would check with each of your schools to ensure you are not disqualified for such a seeming minor thing.

Reactions: 2 users
Just contact each school with a brief "my original planned schedule for next semester has changed. I will still be completing all pre-requisite coursework. Do you need an updated schedule for what I'm taking next semester for my application?"

Reactions: 1 users