Applied this cycle - do I need to inform my schools about going part-time?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

sonagi

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone! I was hoping someone could give me some information about my situation. I applied this cycle and I just recently decided that I'm going to be a part-time student next semester (because I only have 2 classes left to graduate; I'll still be graduating on time). On my VMCAS, I put a full-time's worth of classes I was planning on taking next semester. Do I need to contact my schools about this change? Does it negatively impact my candidacy at all?

Any help would be super appreciated! Thanks :>
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you for your response! Do you know if I need to inform my schools that I applied to about this?
If I recall, there has been precedent in the past that some acceptances are contingent on completing all courses entered as in progress from VMCAS. I would check with each of your schools to ensure you are not disqualified for such a seeming minor thing.