Applied to Post Baccs, Rejected now whatl

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuttonaturale

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello I am a recent college graduate. I doubled majored in Public Health and Women's and Gender Studies with a 3.4 GPA. I have a plethora of clinical experience and am bilingual (fluent in Spanish because I am Hispanic).

My science GPA is exceptionally low though and I applied to three post-bacc programs and was rejected. I also have not completed the medical school class requirements. I asked the programs for feedback and they told me I was primarily rejected because of my very low science GPA. One of the admissions officers asked me why my GPA was low and I informed him that it was because of family problems and a bout of subsequent depression as a result of those problems.

So my question is where can I apply to bolster my science GPA?

I want to attend programs in the Northeast (if there are any programs that will accept me with a very low GPA).

I dont mind whether I am a DO or MD. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

As an aside, I have spoken to several doctors who gave informed me that because I am an underrepresented "minority" that there are programs that I can easily get into. I have done research and have not found these said programs. So if any of you could shed light on that also that would be great.

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.