apply early or retake the MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrPsychiatry

Go Angels!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
waitlisted for now. Should i began re-applying now? Re-tke the MCAT in August or September and then, reapply?

Members don't see this ad.

Did you apply early and broadly (+DOs?) the 1st time around? I have learned that one of the biggest "chance increasers" is sending that app in as early as possible. But if you have your heart set on a few schools then...the mcat will probably be something to do again.

applied late and no DO this time. I don't think I will apply DO but more broadly and early. I hope that is enough.
Also, I did around 400 hours of clinical volunteering this year so hopefulyl that helps out?

Members don't see this ad :)
i am apllyig early retaking the mcat ( i am sitting at a 28P) and plan to have my secondaries in as soon as i get them (hopefully aorund the time i have my mcat score back) that way i can inform them that i have the update and release my score.

waitlisted for now. Should i began re-applying now? Re-tke the MCAT in August or September and then, reapply?
My GPA is 3.7 and MCAT 29 (8 on Verbal)

I'd suggest you begin to reapply now, but if you plan to take the August MCAT, you will have to check the box that you plan to do so. Some schools won't consider your application until the new score is reported. You would then be considered along with the late applicants, and be in the same predicament you were in last year.

I'd suggest you begin to reapply now, but if you plan to take the August MCAT, you will have to check the box that you plan to do so. Some schools won't consider your application until the new score is reported. You would then be considered along with the late applicants, and be in the same predicament you were in last year.

I am working on my PS right now. I will be sending in my app by June 15th. Also, I am not going to check the future MCAT box, and I might take the september one; and then, I might update them. any more suggestiosn?