apply while doing masters or wait till masters is complete?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

heywhatsup

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I recently got into the GSBS Masters program at UMDNJ-Newark.

I was wondering if you guys think its ok to apply to dental school while still in the program?
In other words, do you think there is a chance of geting in by just taking Masters classes at the school for a few semesters without actually completing the degree?

HELPPPP
 
I recently got into the GSBS Masters program at UMDNJ-Newark.

I was wondering if you guys think its ok to apply to dental school while still in the program?
In other words, do you think there is a chance of geting in by just taking Masters classes at the school for a few semesters without actually completing the degree?

HELPPPP

Hey, you need to talk to the dental schools that you are planning on applying to. I spoke with a medical school admissions officer and they said DO NOT apply until you have a year of grades. Granted I am making up for a sub-par GPA, and this was a UC school but anyways... You get the picture. Depends on your undergrad statistics, and on the wants of the admissions officers. So you can share with us your stats, but I would definitely contact the schools!