Apply?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ffpickle

Thread Killer
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am retaking some courses this year (Orgo 1 & 2, Biochem because I have to- marks lower than C) and maybe Anatomy & Physiology (C mark) to improve. I can't take Orgo 2 and Biochem until Winter semester.

I have all the other pre-reqs (I completed my BS in April 2007). My overall GPA was 3.0-3.2 ish?

So should I still apply this year or not?

Members don't see this ad.

Apply to schools where you would be a competitive applicant. Look at the past class profiles and determine where to apply. If you can, apply broadly and to 5 or so programs IMO.

Good luck

I would definitely apply. I applied with similar stats: 3.1gpa, had to retake both biochem and molec bio, and had like 5 C's on my records and still got into plenty of schools. My application even did well in Cali too. Since gpa isn't everything you have to judge for yourself whether you think your ec's are able to compensate for your grades. Its not like your grades are horrible (imo) but you have to take into account that you are going to have to show something on your app that makes you stand out. If its not grades, then its gotta be something else right? Anyways, bottom line is 1) yes apply 2) pick a broad selection of schools 3) also apply to those that you really want to go to even if they are the most competitive (hell, you never know) 4) get pharmacy experience if you haven't already (volunteer/clerk/tech). Good luck!!!