Applying before completing pre-reqs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tony1853

Career Switcher!
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all. I am interested in applying in late '05/early '06 to a few BS programs here in the NYC area. However, I will be done with pre-reqs in May of 2006. All of the programs I am interested in allow application while pre-reqs are in progress.

Do you think that those applicants who have completed all pre-reqs, and therefore grades for those pre-reqs to enter on their apps, have an advantage?

Thanks! :D

T

Members don't see this ad.

Tony, you forgot to mention that you are applying to Physician Assistant programs in your msg. This forum encompasses several professions.

To answer your question..it's dependent upon the program. I really don't think it would matter since they do allow you to apply with some prereqs in progress. They may be more interested to see how you perform in A&P, biology, chem classes, etc. If your transcript & the rest of your app materials looks good w/o all the prereqs, I'm sure you can still get an interview.

Honestly, you should not let that stop you from applying, just cast your net out & go for it. Be sure to put together the BEST application possible first! :)

M