Applying before graduating

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Katiekflo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey All,

I definitely want to apply this summer on PTCAS, but I haven't received my bachelor's yet. I will be graduating in the fall with just 3 classes outstanding (classes not needed for PT-just my major). Besides that I only have 1 pre-req I need to still take and the GRE's.

Will it hurt my chances to apply before I receive my official transcript? Or is it possible to still send in the official transcript when the fall semester ends in December?

Members don't see this ad.

I graduated in May 2013 with a bachelors and applied for PT school in August 2012. I sent my transcript in August as it was (I believe I had 3 outstanding pre reqs and obviously hadn't earned my bachelors) and I didn't have any problems applying/being accepted. You can also complete the academic update on PTCAS in between semesters.

A lot of applicants apply before they graduate. You need a bachelor's to matriculate, not to apply.

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied before I graduate with 2 outstanding pre reqs, and I was accepted, so no it doesn't hurt to apply before you graduate. If you want to go right into PT school from undergrad you kind of have to.

Some of my classmates in my cohort and I applied before we graduated. Just make sure you communicate with PTCAS and with the schools you are applying to.