Applying before pre-reqs complete

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cbrons

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How do you think schools view applicants who have not completed all of their pre-reqs? For example, I am applying in June and will not have either of my 2 semester of organic chemistry complete... Biology, Inorgo, and Physics will be done. Also, I will not have one of the required classes for the University of Illinois (Sociology or Anthropology) that they require. Is it enough to say that you plan on completing these courses?

Members don't see this ad.

Yea, any courses that you plan on taking the following year you list on your AMCAS. I konw schools dont care if you are missing 1 or 2 courses whiel you apply (I am currently taking a semester of general biology and i'll be takin biochem next semester). It hasnt effected me so far. I dont konw much about how it is when you are missing ochem, but if you did well on your MCAT then i dont think it will be that big of a deal. Someone else may have more insight into this tho.

Yea, any courses that you plan on taking the following year you list on your AMCAS. I konw schools dont care if you are missing 1 or 2 courses whiel you apply (I am currently taking a semester of general biology and i'll be takin biochem next semester). It hasnt effected me so far. I dont konw much about how it is when you are missing ochem, but if you did well on your MCAT then i dont think it will be that big of a deal. Someone else may have more insight into this tho.

well thats cool coming from you... loyola stritch is my top choice. :):):)

Members don't see this ad :)
well thats cool coming from you... loyola stritch is my top choice. :):):)

haha. good luck, i wish you the best! You could aslo call the admissions office and ask them this question. They'll tell you straight up, and are very helpful.

haha. good luck, i wish you the best! You could aslo call the admissions office and ask them this question. They'll tell you straight up, and are very helpful.

haha I know... I've made one visit there so far, they are real nice people. I know someone who is an MS-1 there (he's the brother of one of my brothers good friends and also a family friend) so hopefully I can setup another visit soon. I love that place.

It doesn't matter as long as you take the courses before you matriculate. I didn't have my second semester of organic chemistry or organic lab finished when I was applying and it didn't make any difference. Nobody even mentioned it.