applying early...how early is early?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

specialflava

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm planning on applying for this upcoming cycle, and I've heard a bunch about the benefits of applying as early as humanly possible. That being said, I can't seem to find information on the AMCAS website for the date when they actually begin accepting applications. Does anyone happen to know approximately when this date is? Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

I actually just did a search of the forums and found my answer...(June 1st for anyone who might be wondering)

I have a related question...
If you plan on taking the june MCAT, can you send out the amcas before receiving your MCAT score instead of waiting until mid july to send out the amcas?

Members don't see this ad :)
If you plan on taking the june MCAT, can you send out the amcas before receiving your MCAT score instead of waiting until mid july to send out the amcas?

June is correct. You should be able to submit your AMCAS primary in early June without your scores. I didn't have to do this but maybe others can verify.

You can, and should if at all possible, send out AMCAS before receiving your MCAT score. I really put myself at a disadvantage this year because I took the August MCAT and didn't bother to send in AMCAS until my scores were almost out. It takes the AAMC a few, and sometimes several, weeks to verify your application. In my case, it took 7 weeks and I wasn't complete until mid-Nov. Good luck to you.