• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

• How To ACE Your Medical School Interview

In this webinar hosted by SDN with experts from BeMo Academic Consulting, you will learn a simple five-step process to help you translate your interview invitation into an acceptance.

specialflava

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 3, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I'm planning on applying for this upcoming cycle, and I've heard a bunch about the benefits of applying as early as humanly possible. That being said, I can't seem to find information on the AMCAS website for the date when they actually begin accepting applications. Does anyone happen to know approximately when this date is? Thanks in advance!

specialflava

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 3, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I actually just did a search of the forums and found my answer...(June 1st for anyone who might be wondering)

BoxtaDoc

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I have a related question...
If you plan on taking the june MCAT, can you send out the amcas before receiving your MCAT score instead of waiting until mid july to send out the amcas?

About the Ads

PugMD

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Nov 9, 2006
Virginia
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
If you plan on taking the june MCAT, can you send out the amcas before receiving your MCAT score instead of waiting until mid july to send out the amcas?

June is correct. You should be able to submit your AMCAS primary in early June without your scores. I didn't have to do this but maybe others can verify.

swissmiss

10+ Year Member
Dec 1, 2006
Status (Visible)

You can, and should if at all possible, send out AMCAS before receiving your MCAT score. I really put myself at a disadvantage this year because I took the August MCAT and didn't bother to send in AMCAS until my scores were almost out. It takes the AAMC a few, and sometimes several, weeks to verify your application. In my case, it took 7 weeks and I wasn't complete until mid-Nov. Good luck to you.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.