Applying EDP and going to a SMP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrVanNostran

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I plan on heading to a SMP this fall which guarantees an interview, not an acceptance. I was thinking that I should apply EDP to my state school since every other school will be waiting on my fall grades for the SMP.

This way I would have an increased chance at 2 schools rather than 1..make sense??

Also, I know that I will be at a disadvantage of not having secondaries filled out etc early, but they wouldn't want to review me most likely till Decemeber/Jan...so not sure if this is a good idea.

In Summary:

1. Apply to Osteopathic Schools early (5-6)
2. Apply EDP to state school
3. Attend SMP
4. IF NOT accepted to EDP program--add SMP and about 10 other schools to my AMCAS (schools I interviewed at last year and a few privates)

Any opinions would be great!

Members don't see this ad.

One thing to consider is that you'd then get secondaries while you're hard at work on your SMP, so it could be a big distraction.

I plan on heading to a SMP this fall which guarantees an interview, not an acceptance. I was thinking that I should apply EDP to my state school since every other school will be waiting on my fall grades for the SMP.

This way I would have an increased chance at 2 schools rather than 1..make sense??

Also, I know that I will be at a disadvantage of not having secondaries filled out etc early, but they wouldn't want to review me most likely till Decemeber/Jan...so not sure if this is a good idea.

In Summary:

1. Apply to Osteopathic Schools early (5-6)
2. Apply EDP to state school
3. Attend SMP
4. IF NOT accepted to EDP program--add SMP and about 10 other schools to my AMCAS (schools I interviewed at last year and a few privates)

Any opinions would be great!