Applying EDP to Wayne state

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nottoooosure

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm looking to apply through EDP to Wayne state as an OOS Canadian. I emailed the admissions office to ask about connecting with someone to discuss the competitiveness of my application and all I received back was a generic copy-pasted email taken from their website. Is this normal? Should I not waste my time applying EDP if I haven't received the OK from admissions? any help is appreciated :/

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys, I'm looking to apply through EDP to Wayne state as an OOS Canadian. I emailed the admissions office to ask about connecting with someone to discuss the competitiveness of my application and all I received back was a generic copy-pasted email taken from their website. Is this normal? Should I not waste my time applying EDP if I haven't received the OK from admissions? any help is appreciated :/
Without a strong indication that you will be accepted, applying ED anywhere runs the risk of having a very late application everywhere else if you are unsuccessful. For that reason, it is simply not recommended, since the risk/reward is terrible (i.e., get in early to a school you probably would have gotten into anyway vs. destroying your chances of getting in anywhere due to how late you will be).

This is the general advice for Americans. I'd imagine applying late would be even worse for a Canadian, although I'm not an expert on this.

Why not try to call and see if you can get a dean to discuss it with you? If they are unwilling to give you that courtesy, you should consider taking that as a sign that it might be a bad idea to put all your eggs in that particular basket. Good luck!!

Without a strong indication that you will be accepted, applying ED anywhere runs the risk of having a very late application everywhere else if you are unsuccessful. For that reason, it is simply not recommended, since the risk/reward is terrible (i.e., get in early to a school you probably would have gotten into anyway vs. destroying your chances of getting in anywhere due to how late you will be).

This is the general advice for Americans. I'd imagine applying late would be even worse for a Canadian, although I'm not an expert on this.

Why not try to call and see if you can get a dean to discuss it with you? If they are unwilling to give you that courtesy, you should consider taking that as a sign that it might be a bad idea to put all your eggs in that particular basket. Good luck!!
Thanks very much for your input! I had been really struggling with this decision but your last sentence really just solved it for me lol so thank you!!

Reactions: 1 users