Applying for a medical license in Wisconsin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cytoidbody

Reaction score
(Cross-post from IM) I'm in my last year of residency in Michigan, preparing to register for the boards. This requires that I be in the process of applying for my real, unrestricted medical license in the state in which I plan to do fellowship. When using the "LicensE" system to apply for my medical license, it gives us five options:

Special Permit
Applicant granted a unique permit under a special circumstance, i.e., locum tenens.​
Act 10
This license can be issued to a provider from another state during a national public health emergency. This license can also be issued to providers who are licensed in good standing in another state who also apply for a permanent license at the same time.​
Training License
Applicant becomes licensed under supervision of a professional in their field in order to gain experience to qualify for a full license.​
Licensure by Endorsement
Applicant is granted a license by virtue of recommendation by professional organization or institution (i.e. members of a Medical Compact), Applicants who hold an active license in another state.​
Renewal After 5 Years
Applicant reapplies after any licensure lapse due to a license revocation, voluntary license surrender, board order specifically requiring reapplication, or five years have passed since previously-held license expired.​

Sorry, I'm confused - which of these is the option for normal people like me? (Why does it have to be needlessly complicated? 😣😛😵) Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.