Applying for away rotations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chargersfan

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I posted this in clinical rotations but didn't receive an answer. I can't seem to get a straight answer about this issue

So I'm applying to do a couple of away rotations but some of the institutions don't process applications until late (June). I was wondering if I should apply to a back up place which I would reject if my first choice accepted me. I've heard rumors that places you reject away rotation offers from places, they do not want to interview you when you apply for residency. Is this true?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I posted this in clinical rotations but didn't receive an answer. I can't seem to get a straight answer about this issue

So I'm applying to do a couple of away rotations but some of the institutions don't process applications until late (June). I was wondering if I should apply to a back up place which I would reject if my first choice accepted me. I've heard rumors that places you reject away rotation offers from places, they do not want to interview you when you apply for residency. Is this true?

Thanks

No. I rejected away rotations from two places that ended up interviewing me when I was applying for externships.

If it really bothers your paranoia that much just send an email to them being like "I STILL LOVE YOU" in a more professional way.