Applying for other pharmacist jobs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Pharmacy1999

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have been working for the same retail chain as a manager for a few years. I signed a contract, and it ends next month. Although I realize my chances of landing a non-retail job are slim, I would like to try to start applying for positions that might make my life less stressful. Also, the company I work for has been less than helpful in helping me relocate, even though I know there are openings closer into the city.
My concern is- should I discuss anything with my boss prior to putting my application out? I am worried that companies I am applying to might call my boss as a reference, and he would be surprised. I do not want to be on his bad side when I really have no basis for believing I will actually get another job anytime soon.
 
When I looked for another job I just listed references that I didn't mind knowing that I was looking for work somewhere else. I included in my resume that if they wanted to speak with my boss just to let me know as I had not shared with them that I am looking at other work. Then I gave them the contact info.
 
I don't think u should tell ur boss anything until ur hired bc work conditions can go very south quick. Ur prospective employer should ask if its ok to contact ur current boss for reference. Tell them its no problem once ur hired. Play it safe by not listing ur current boss as reference or list it but mention not to contact 'till hired.

Sent from my PC36100