applying for out of state school

Started by djb051
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

djb051

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am interested in also applying to Texas State for dpt next fall in addition to other schools. I saw that all Texas dpt schools do not use ptcas, they use a centralized texas application from what I am aware. I was just wondering if preference is given to in-state residents? Has anyone else on here applied to texas state as a non-resident and has been accepted? Thanks.
 
I am interested in also applying to Texas State for dpt next fall in addition to other schools. I saw that all Texas dpt schools do not use ptcas, they use a centralized texas application from what I am aware. I was just wondering if preference is given to in-state residents? Has anyone else on here applied to texas state as a non-resident and has been accepted? Thanks.

I am out of state (Wisconsin) and applied to Texas State this year. I was offered an interview in February, but declined since I was accepted at UW-Madison. You're right, they don't use PTCAS, but instead use their own application. You have to fill out their application, two essays, obtain 3 letters of recommendation and also fill out a supplemental application to 'Apply Texas.'

I don't believe preference is given to Texas applicants, but I would imagine that the majority of applicants are Texas residents since they are a non-PTCAS school. Let me know if you have any other questions!