Applying for Pharmacist Jobs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hope_ful_Pharm

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm about to start P4 rotations next week, and I was looking at FT pharmacist jobs in my area, and the area I want to move to (out of state), and wanted to know how early is too early to be applying to pharmacist jobs for after graduation? I know CVS just did their rounds of interviewing interns for pharmacist positions.

Members don't see this ad.

Probably depends on where you want to work. If you want to work for CVS/Walgreens/Walmart or something, it wouldn't hurt to start talking to DMs in the area you want to work now.

But I doubt a hospital or other settings are going to both expect a job opening and hold it for you if you're still a year from graduating.

Probably depends on where you want to work. If you want to work for CVS/Walgreens/Walmart or something, it wouldn't hurt to start talking to DMs in the area you want to work now.

But I doubt a hospital or other settings are going to both expect a job opening and hold it for you if you're still a year from graduating.
all depends on the on the demand for the area - tell us more- what location and what area of pharmacy? hospital won't hold a position, but a retail, especially if it is a "in demand" area or a large enough area that always has openings may "keep you on retainer" if they know there is a good chance of an opening

I'm open to hospital or retail at this point. I have a lot of family connections at different hospitals in my hometown, and I currently intern at a retail pharmacy inside of a hospital, where I've been for nearly a year. It's in the midwest, and I go to school in the south, so I don't really know what the demand is like there.