Applying for RA job?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

danzgymn86

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I am taking a year off between undergrad and applying for grad. I, ideally, would have an RA position somewhere. I was wondering what I should send when I apply - Resume or CV?
I was thinking CV, but I'm not sure?
Also, how long should it be and what should the categories be on it? Like, do I want to include clubs I have been in in undergrad and such? I'm not sure what is relevant and what is irrelevant.

Would someone be able to look at it for me?

Members don't see this ad.

I am not sure, but assuming you're looking for a paid position I would think a combination of the two would be most appropriate. For example, you would definitely want to include any research classes/experience you've had in UG, but you also want to show that you've held jobs before and provide references for both things.

I guess my $.02 would be to make it more "resume-like" and add in the relevant school stuff. Awards and leadership positions held in clubs/organizations are usually appropriate especially just out of undergrad.

Have someone at your school's career center - or your advisor - go over your CV. Mine only has discipline-relevant awards, extracurriculars, etc.