Applying for work "out of state"

Started by Telk01
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Telk01

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello SDN,

I am a recent graduate of a Florida pharmacy school and recently became licensed in Florida. As it is known, the job market is less than ideal, particularly in Florida. I am willing to relocate pretty much anywhere in the lower 48 states. I do not have any experience applying to jobs outside of Florida, short of filling out online applications and hearing nothing back or getting generic rejection emails. I am not sure if I got past some of the application filters (*cough* Taleo *cough*). Granted, when I applied to these jobs, I did not have a Florida license yet.

Does having a Florida license help me at all when applying out of state? What has helped when applying to out of state jobs, especially for fresh graduates? Any insight, strategies or advice would be appreciated, even if not directly related.