Applying in June, but what if I need to retake the MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

32yoPremed

Old and a Classics Major
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Thank you, 32yoPremed, for posting this.

I am interested in knowing how to deal with this too. Tips would be appreciated. Thanks

32yoPremed said:
I took the April 2006 MCAT. I have no idea how I did, but if I scored as well as I did on practice exams, I will be happy. What if I decide I need to take the exam again in August? How would things work if I had already submitted an AMCAS app in june? Will it be possible to alert the schools to which I applied of the newer score? Apologies if this has been asked already. :oops:

I'm pretty sure that school's wont really consider your app until your MCAT score is released, so by the time YOU know your score (and know whether or not you will need to retake it) you can then decide whether or not to submit the application. At that point however I think you can submit anyways and check the option that says you will be retaking in August, so schools will see your application with your first MCAT score but they'll also know that a second score is on the way sometime in October. Someone please correct me if the information is incorrect, but I just wanted to respond with what I've heard in the past since no one has said anything yet. Good luck

There's no need to submit your AMCAS before scores come out. Just have everything ready to go, then you can hit submit once you see your score. If you need to retake, you can mark on AMCAS that you're retaking.

The schools can't download your AMCAS until early July anyway. Don't stress about submitting June 1st.

Members don't see this ad :)
-
i moved my question to the Pre-Allo forum if you're interested still