Applying late

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vebes02

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I sent in my application rather late, just right before the deadline due to some circumstances, and I was wondering if I still had a chance of getting an interview and/or getting accepted to a pharmacy school? Is anybody in the same boat?

I know it would have been prudent to apply as early as possible, but applying THIS year was sort of a last-minute decision.

Appreciate the feedback.

Members don't see this ad.

i turned in an app with a Jan 5th deadline the day of and got an interview invite on feb 4th. there's still some time...

Hey guys, I sent in my application rather late, just right before the deadline due to some circumstances, and I was wondering if I still had a chance of getting an interview and/or getting accepted to a pharmacy school? Is anybody in the same boat?

I know it would have been prudent to apply as early as possible, but applying THIS year was sort of a last-minute decision.

Appreciate the feedback.

Yes, you can still get an interview/get accepted.

It would probably help if you were a strong candidate.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've been hearing dreadful stories about how people are on the waitlist, and because spots have been filled up, they're ultimately denied acceptance. ARG.

I took the PCAT again in January, so the school I applied to also has to take that score into consideration AND the people who wrote my LORs submitted them late even though I asked them in advance. I know I'm making excuses.... but omg, I so want to get accepted.

Do you know if the schools you are applying to look at applicants on a rolling basis? If so, then it may be more difficult to get an interview because you applied last minute. If the schools are not on a rolling basis, then you'll be fine because they'll evaluate all the applicants together.

Yes, unfortunately, they do rolling admissions. Sigh.

If you are a competitive applicant, who has done every other thing right, your time of application (provided it was before deadline), shouldn't be much of a barrier...if it is at all.

By the way, I'd assume you did apply to multiple schools. Otherwise, it'll be better to do so ASAP for the remainder of the schools with the March 1st deadline. But of course, that depends on bad you want it.

This is embarrassing, but no, I only applied to one school. It was the only school that I finished all the prereqs for and is also the school I would LOVE to get into. My January 2011 PCAT score just came in today. It was my PCAT that I was most worried about which caused me to delay my application. I decided to retake it in January and then turned in my application.

So, are you implying that you are not interested, and won't be applying to any other school(s)?

The deadline passed for all the other schools I'm interested in, and I'm still working on the prereqs for them.

And that should mean you won't be applying to any other school after all?

Since you only applied to one school, I think you're at the point where it is what it is. If there are still interviews left, then of course you'll have a chance given that your January PCAT has improved. Unfortunately, if things don't go your way for this cycle, then you'll just have to keep on taking those prereqs so you can apply more broadly next cycle and increase your chances of getting an interview. If the January PCAT wasn't what you'd hope for, then I would suggest looking into the June PCAT and prepare for that as well.

My composite score went up 9 points, so I'm pretty satisfied. This might be a sophomoric question, but the schools you listed on your PCAT ticket receive your scores before you do, right?

My composite score went up 9 points, so I'm pretty satisfied. This might be a sophomoric question, but the schools you listed on your PCAT ticket receive your scores before you do, right?
Not so sure about that. PharmCAS has my January score already (and so I do), but the school I applied to (through PharmCAS) claims they don't have the January PCAT scores yet. :confused:

I guess I figured it was all electronic, but maybe they still use snail mail?

The school I applied to needs an official transcript which I need to wait 2 weeks (according to Pearson) before I can send it out. So my question was if they received it "unofficially"? Blargh, so complicated, haha.