Applying Next Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FLKID

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm gonna be applying this upcoming cycle to DO and wanted to hear what everyone thinks my chances are gonna look like

cGPA- 3.58

sGPA-3.47

My GPA has jumped from a 3.25 freshman year to a 3.7 junior year. I have experience volunteering in the ED and Lab at a hospital, shadowing a DO, recommendation letters from a DO&MD and have also been working part time my entire time in college sprinkled with about two other volunteering opportunities. I plan on taking the MCAT on june 21st, is that late in the cycle? Also, what score should I be aiming to score to be in a comfortable position? Am i competitive for both the DO schools in FL? as those are my top choices. Thank You.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, I'm gonna be applying this upcoming cycle to DO and wanted to hear what everyone thinks my chances are gonna look like

cGPA- 3.58

sGPA-3.47

My GPA has jumped from a 3.25 freshman year to a 3.7 junior year. I have experience volunteering in the ED and Lab at a hospital, shadowing a DO, recommendation letters from a DO&MD and have also been working part time my entire time in college sprinkled with about two other volunteering opportunities. I plan on taking the MCAT on june 21st, is that late in the cycle? Also, what score should I be aiming to score to be in a comfortable position? Am i competitive for both the DO schools in FL? as those are my top choices. Thank You.
Average matriculant stats for LE-Bradenton are 3.45/3.3/26 and for Nova SE they are 3.41/3.31/27. With your higher GPAs, you might be fine with a 25-26 MCAT, but aim for higher, as it's less stressful if you are on a school's A-list and get an earlier acceptance.

With a strong enough score, you might even apply to some in-state public MD schools for the sake of the cheaper tuition.