boofulmd95

2+ Year Member
Jul 5, 2018
Hi, I am a resident of upstate NY. I am deciding whether or not I should apply to medical school this cycle to start this upcoming August.
My stats:
GPA: 3.6
sGPA:3.5
MCAT: 498; retook it and scored 499.
I graduated in winter 2016. I have significant research and clinical experience, including several hours of shadowing and community service. My race/ ethnicity is not considered underrepresented however I am considered financially disadvantaged.
Please let me know if I have chances for any medical school this cycle? If so, which schools in particular? @Goro @Faha

Goro

SDN Gold Donor
10+ Year Member
Jun 11, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
Hi, I am a resident of upstate NY. I am deciding whether or not I should apply to medical school this cycle to start this upcoming August.
My stats:
GPA: 3.6
sGPA:3.5
MCAT: 498; retook it and scored 499.
I graduated in winter 2016. I have significant research and clinical experience, including several hours of shadowing and community service. My race/ ethnicity is not considered underrepresented however I am considered financially disadvantaged.
Please let me know if I have chances for any medical school this cycle? If so, which schools in particular? @Goro @Faha
I can't recommend applying with a 499 score.

Faha

7+ Year Member
Sep 15, 2012
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
You could receive interviews at some DO schools with your stats and I suggest all these:
LECOM (Erie, Elmira, Seton Hill)
UP-KYCOM
WVSOM
LUCOM
PCOM Georgia and South Georgia
VCOM (all 4 schools)
ACOM
WCU-COM
ARCOM
NYIT-AR
UIWSOM
BCOM
LMU-DCOM
ICOM
Noorda-COM (new school)
Most of these schools have MCAT medians in the 498 to 502 range so you should receive interviews. Apply in June and submit all your secondaries by July.

About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.