Applying this Fall

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Duck3r

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I'm new to this forum but I've recently was recommended this site by a friend. Anyways, I'm considering applying to podiatric medical school this fall, I'm a junior at UCI and was wondering when the best time to apply would be. It says applications come out during September and early decision deadlines are in April. I'm considering waiting till I finish fall quarter prior to applying just so I have more time to bolster my gpa a little, get some letters of rec, and thoroughly go over my essay. I currently have a 2.9-3.0 gpa, but got a 32 on my MCAT, have some hospital volunteering time.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Make sure to have all of your pre-reqs done...I applied after my fall semester and got in......ur MCAT score is great....might want to upgrade that GPA a little and u should be fine.....also make sure to have some shadowing done.

you don't neccesarily need your pre-reqs done because I didn't take physics II till this past spring. I got accepted to DMU in Oct. even though I didn't take the class, I just had to get it done and prove it

Shadowing with a DPM is really important. You can get more information about doctors in your area who are happy to welcome students to their offices by visiting this website www.apma.org/careers and clicking on the "DPM Mentor" link. And if you haven't already done so, please feel free to order the interactive CD/ROM on careers in podiatric medicine. It answers a lot of questions that you may have. You can view a portion of that on the APMA site, but if you want to order one, just send an email with your name and address to [email protected]. Good luck this coming year!