Applying this year..Retake the MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jancutie15

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I need some advice on whether I should retake my MCAT or not? I am applying this year and signed up for the July 10th test.

My GPA: 3.95
MCAT: PS11 VR10 BS12 Q

1 year of research
160 hours of clinical experience as a volunteer
2 years of tutoring - part time job on campus
Part of dance team ~ 1 year
Part of student-run camp organization ~ 1 year

I am a california resident and I really want to go to a california school. Please give some advice as to whether I should retake the MCAT or not.
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Everyone,
I need some advice on whether I should retake my MCAT or not? I am applying this year and signed up for the July 10th test.

My GPA: 3.95
MCAT: PS11 VR10 BS12 Q

1 year of research
160 hours of clinical experience as a volunteer
2 years of tutoring - part time job on campus
Part of dance team ~ 1 year
Part of student-run camp organization ~ 1 year

I am a california resident and I really want to go to a california school. Please give some advice as to whether I should retake the MCAT or not.
Thanks

No. Definitely not. You're around the 90th percentile with a well balanced score. Retaking would be application suicide. Just apply early and broadly, and you will get in somewhere across the country. Anyway, California schools are tough, but people do get in with 33's. I don't think your score will be the deciding factor in that.

No. Definitely not. You're around the 90th percentile with a well balanced score. Retaking would be application suicide. Just apply early and broadly, and you will get in somewhere across the country. Anyway, California schools are tough, but people do get in with 33's. I don't think your score will be the deciding factor in that.

:thumbup: