Applying to 10 schools, too few schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EricMont

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
All my schools are mid-tier except one (northwestern) and really want to just go to Rush. I applied to 10 schools, but is that too few schools or should I apply to more than 10?? I hit the average stats for all the schools (sGPA 3.6, cGPA 3.6, 31Q, really good extracurriculars/patient experience).

Members don't see this ad.

i think 10 is ok, it's a little on the short side by sdn standards.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
All my schools are mid-tier except one (northwestern) and really want to just go to Rush. I applied to 10 schools, but is that too few schools or should I apply to more than 10?? I hit the average stats for all the schools (sGPA 3.6, cGPA 3.6, 31Q, really good extracurriculars/patient experience).

Your stats are definitely competitive for Rush. I also only applied to 10 schools b/c I wanted to make sure I gave each app enough time. Good luck!

I just added brown, iowa, msu, and creighton but here is my list. I hope this is enough?? 14??

Northwestern University
University of Iowa
Brown University
Creighton University
Michigan State University
Indiana University (rejected :p damn hoosiers)
Rush Medical College
University of Illinois
Loyola University Chicago
Medical College of Wisconsin
Rosalind Franklin University
Saint Louis University
University of Wisconsin
Wake Forest University

Its very rare to get accepted to so many schools as JUSTFORKICKS did. Just look on this site to see what I am talking about and then decide for yourself. Click on the profile # and u will see all the info u need

It looks like you applied to 13 too many.

Congratulations! :thumbup: