Applying to a program you were previously dropped from?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chunky521

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

First time poster but I've been reading around for some time.
Anyway, my situation is as follows.

I was accepted to a 6 year pharmacy program out of high school. I was an idiot and an underachiever in my undergrad years which eventually led to my expulsion from the program after my third year.

The expulsion led to a terrible GPA and I decided to just get a bachelors in biology. I managed to pull my GPA from ~2.3 to ~2.75 by the time I graduated. I went on to get my Masters and ended up with 3.75 GPA. I will also be a first author on a research paper in a peer reviewed journal.

I'm a much more responsible, mature person than I was in my knucklehead past and I want a shot at redemption on the greatest regret of my life.

What are your opinions on my chances of applying to the same program that kicked me out years ago?

Members don't see this ad.

I think since you have matured and have showed it, I think you still have a great shot. I would just make that really known in your personal statement and maybe go talk to admissions counselors there.

I cannot imagine what you were feeling when your performance went downhill in your third year, and you got a mail from them saying that they're going to expel you.

Members don't see this ad :)
single greatest regret of my life. this was about 7 years ago and not a day has gone by without me thinking about it. the memory is as vivid as ever. they call you in for an interview and let you know of their decision.

I cannot imagine what you were feeling when your performance went downhill in your third year, and you got a mail from them saying that they're going to expel you.

Thank you for your encouraging words. Your advices are along the lines of what I'm thinking of.

I think since you have matured and have showed it, I think you still have a great shot. I would just make that really known in your personal statement and maybe go talk to admissions counselors there.