Applying to "backup" programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
S

sle3pyguii

When I apply to pharmacy schools, is it okay if I apply to other graduate programs too? ie. MPH, MBA.

Is there any way that I can be penalized for this if a school finds out I applied to both a Masters program and their Pharmacy school?

Members don't see this ad.

Actually, some schools encourage you to pursue a backup.
Besides they will only know what you tell them on your applications. So don't write that you are applying for an MBA.

It is always good to have a back up program. When I went to the interview they ask me what I'm going to do if I don't get accepted. I told them I will go for a master degree in Medical Microcbiology and Immunology and reapply next year. They were very impress how I plan everything as soon as I get out of undergrad. But it is also good for you so you can rely on something, work a little bit before you can reapply. Look good on your records that you have consistency in your head.!!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
that's what i did. just be honest with your backup program advisor and they will tell you what to do to stall until you fully become committed. i also told my research advisor and she didn't seem happy about it. but stick with the truth so you don't have to apologize later.

yes its always good to have a backup especially if you had doubts like i did...i wanted to do pharm but my gpa and pcat are not great so i apply to optometry school as well of course i apply to different school for pharm and opt..

In the end I should have applied to more safety schools as I only got into 2 of 7 (waitlisted at 3 and rejected by 2 didn't go to the interview for 2 and didn't finish the supplementals for 4 out of laziness). I just got lucky!

In the end I should have applied to more safety schools as I only got into 2 of 7 (waitlisted at 3 and rejected by 2). I just got lucky!

At least you in!!!! That's the most important thing.