Applying to "backup" programs

Started by sle3pyguii
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

S

sle3pyguii

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When I apply to pharmacy schools, is it okay if I apply to other graduate programs too? ie. MPH, MBA.

Is there any way that I can be penalized for this if a school finds out I applied to both a Masters program and their Pharmacy school?
 
Actually, some schools encourage you to pursue a backup.
Besides they will only know what you tell them on your applications. So don't write that you are applying for an MBA.
 
It is always good to have a back up program. When I went to the interview they ask me what I'm going to do if I don't get accepted. I told them I will go for a master degree in Medical Microcbiology and Immunology and reapply next year. They were very impress how I plan everything as soon as I get out of undergrad. But it is also good for you so you can rely on something, work a little bit before you can reapply. Look good on your records that you have consistency in your head.!!!!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
that's what i did. just be honest with your backup program advisor and they will tell you what to do to stall until you fully become committed. i also told my research advisor and she didn't seem happy about it. but stick with the truth so you don't have to apologize later.
 
yes its always good to have a backup especially if you had doubts like i did...i wanted to do pharm but my gpa and pcat are not great so i apply to optometry school as well of course i apply to different school for pharm and opt..
 
In the end I should have applied to more safety schools as I only got into 2 of 7 (waitlisted at 3 and rejected by 2 didn't go to the interview for 2 and didn't finish the supplementals for 4 out of laziness). I just got lucky!