Applying to CAP fellowship but started residency 3 months off cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

picklerickc137

New Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,

I want to apply for CAP fellowship this year but started residency 3 months off cycle due to graduation delays from COVID. At the earliest, I will start fellowship in October if a program decides to accept me.

Do you guys thinks programs will be fine with me starting 3 months late or will they make me wait till July of the next year to start. I really don't want to this because it will be adding 9 months to residency.

I would appreciate to hear your thoughts. Thanks!
 
Thank you guys for responding. It is reassuring. How should I let Programs know that I am off cycle. Should I let them know before applying? It will be apparent in my attestation form when the review my app. Or should I bring it up during interviews?

Thank you !!